MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal forum to become external as well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and thank you for creating MyBB,Big Grin

So our company recently wanted a internal forum so I tried out a few and setteled on MyBB. Now this has been great so far but now our president wants to have the forum available to our staff from the outside. So I've given the box a external IP, placed that connection in the DMZ and removed the ability to register.

So when I try to access this forum say from forums.company.com it shows the login page but as soon as I log in it changes the link to the internal domain name machine_name/forums. Now I tried changing the settings to allow access and it killed all access to the forum (was no longer able to login). So I am coming to you guys to get your input and how to adjust the settings so the forum is accessible internal and externally. Undecided

Thanks so much.
You cant make it accessible internally and externally at the same time, its one or the other.
You can make staff forums which only staff can see but if you want a external and internal forum your best option would be to have one internal and one external
What would need to be changed so that it's available externally.

When I tried this earlier the forum became accessible and I had to go back to a previous backup.

Jeff
solved the issue and all is running well. Thank you for all the input
(2011-03-24, 07:20 PM)merc73jeff Wrote: [ -> ]solved the issue and all is running well. Thank you for all the input

It would be helpful if you also posted how you resolved it so that it would be beneficial to a user with the same problem in the future.