MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Size of usernames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again,

how can I change the size of usernames in all posts? I mean I would like to change the size of usernames to 11px, but I search in google and here but could'nt find a solution...

regards
You mean the font-size?

You have two options as I see it. Do a css edit or do a template edit.

In AdminCP > Themes & Templates > Themes > (edit your theme) > global.css and search for .largetext and change the font-size to 11px. Although this will affect all text with largetext class.

With the template change you can target the username specifically. In AdminCP > Themes & Templates > Templates > (edit your theme) > Postbit > postbit. Replace:
<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
with
<strong><span style="font-size:11px">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong>{$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
Add the following style sheet in global.css;
post_username{
font-size: 11px;
}

Now open postbit template and find;
{$post['profilelink']}
and replace it to;
<div class="post_username">{$post['profilelink']}</div>
None of those methods dont work. The font-size of the usernames is the same. Any ideas?
The changes was made but when I look closer on the post with firebug then there is always the span with the largetext, I don't understand why it didnt change
(2011-03-21, 09:36 PM)^(-.-)^ Wrote: [ -> ]None of those methods dont work. The font-size of the usernames is the same. Any ideas?

Are you sure you are editing the currently active theme/template? Do you have a link to your forum?
No Im working on localhost and I checked 10 times if I edited the right template. The name of my template is black.

Here is the screen when I edited the post bit in my black template

[Image: komunikatb.png]

And here the result, still strong and font-size style from the .largetext 16px, and when I look it close with fire bug, seems that nothing was changed.

[Image: komunikat2.png]

I even tried to delete
{$post['onlinestatus']}
but nothing was affected, the online status image was still there. lol.
You have to edit postbit or postbit_classic, corresponding to which postbit layout you're using. In your case you'd need to edit the postbit_classic template for that.
Thank you so much.