MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some General Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When upgrading to newer versions;

1. Wouldn't upgrading a newer version and its files override exisisting files that have been modified?

2. Such as with pluggings, does the newer version get rid of our old pluggins we have installed?

3. Can I upload the new version, then remove the "settings.php" in my control panel after the uploading of the new mybb version?

Thanks.
1. Yes, it'll replace the files. If you edit core files it makes sense to make a not of all the edits you've made so you can make them again afterwards.

2. No, you have to deactivate them for the upgrade though. Most plugins will then just need the compatibility in the file changed to work on 1.6, some may need more changes.

3. You don't need to remove settings.php from anywhere, but you might want to make sure you don't overwrite it when uploading the new files.
Ok, can I go from 1.6.0 > 1.6.1 > 1.6.2 uploading all the red and green files instead of uploading a whole new version.

So can I just upload the red/green files from 1.6.1, then upload all the red/green files from 1.6.2 and call it a day?

Thanks
(2011-03-21, 10:38 PM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]So can I just upload the red/green files from 1.6.1, then upload all the red/green files from 1.6.2 and call it a day?

Thanks

Anyone know if this is one way to update?
Don't just do the red and green ones, you'll be missing out on a lot of bug fixes. If you want to upload just the changed files package for 1.6.1 and the changed files package for 1.6.2 then you can, you'll still need to run the upgrade script too.