MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordpress & MyBB to just MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, right now I have the main site using Wordpress and the forum is Mybb, but I just want the whole site to use mybb, because I am going to use the portal for news.

Is there any easy way to do this without totally screwing up my site? Can I just remove wordpress in cpanel and the move everything in the forum directory to the public_html folder?

Just asking if anyone has done this before, because I don't want to try and mess it up.

Note: I don't need to save anything from wordpress because I had it so all my posts on wordpress went to my forum.
Part 1:

The extra files and folders can be removed anytime.
^^^
The above assumes you are not bothering to redirect old Wpress links to somewhere else.

##
Part2:
You want MyBB to get moved to the site root:
After completely removing all the WP files and folders, them copy (move)
/forum to your site root.

You need to change your forum (bburl) settings in the ACP. I think you can change it before moving the files.
i'm sorry if this not appropriate answer , but i'm just using "redirect" to forum in cpanel, simply take you from wwwyourdomaincom to wwwyourdomaincom/forum