MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Event Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi,

for quite some time I was looking for a good application which can be used as an electronic log-book. Finally, I found MyBB and the Event Thread Mod. This combination is simply great and exactly what I was looking for. Great work!

Now my question: If I go from the calender to the daily view, I get a view with all 'Calendar events' of this day. This is very nice because I can get the log-book entries of a single day at once. Now there are two disadvantages with this:
1) The events are not linked to the threads, so it is not possible to go from this nice overview directly to the threads
2) It would be even greater to have a second view of this page which also include all replys of all the displayed threads. In this sense one would get a really complete overview of all log-book entries and all replys of a single day.

Is there somebody who has an idea how this could be implemented, or maybe it would be a great enhancement of the Event Thread Mod!

Any help is welcome and appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Thomas.

PS: For the ppl interested, I want to use this as a log-book in an astronomy physics experiment.
maybe you could add more features in future release like:

1. the event thread it is posted right after you submit the event in calendar, maybe you could add a option that post the event thread before event starts with 24 hours or something like this.

2. maybe you could add a option that will post the events in multiple thread not in just one.
for example: i create 3 calendars and in everyone I add different type of events and I want the event thread for calendar 1 to be posted in x forum, events from calendar 2 in y forum, etc.

3. You could add a option to change the user that post the thread.

If I will get more idea I'll post them here.
I have some repairs:

line 118:
"isdefault" => 0

line 208, 235, 237, 678:
change "repitition" to "repetition"

line 339 - bad type - allways "recurring" never "ranged":
change "is_array($event['repeats'])" to "!(in_array('0',$event['repeats']))"

line 693 - thanks Petrusilius:
change "fetch_friendly_repitition" to "fetch_friendly_repetition"
Awesome plugin! After applying all the fixes within this thread I still have odd behavior on clicking Edit in the thread. I have click Edit, I get a drop down with Full and Quick, no matter which one I choose I get the normal thread editor and not the event editor as intended.

Edit: I have also found the templates in use and removed the java and links that create the Full and Quick, so now it's just a straight up Edit link. Still doesn't work Sad
So far, the plugin enables a calendar entry and puts a link to "Invalid Board". It is also visible on the newest entries on specific forum at the right side of the forum, but not listed when I open the forum... (see attachement!). I always changed the suggestions from page 4... So anybody can help out or suggest an alternative to this plugin? Would really appreciate that!
Is this plugin still supported? It doesn't work with 1.6.9 as is! Looking forward to an update!
Hello,

first, sorry for my Bad english

I hope tis ist Ok to Post this little Patch

i have made some changes on the enevtthread.php so the events Function can put in some Forums.

Search for: (3 times)
		#$target_forum = eventthread_settings("eventthread_forum");
		#if($target_forum == "") return;

Change to:
		#$target_forum = eventthread_settings("eventthread_forum");
		#if($target_forum == "") return;
		// Anfang PATCH Für viele Foren
		 $target_forum1= explode(",", eventthread_settings("eventthread_forum"));

if($target_forum1 == "") return;

$tef_key = array_search($fid, $target_forum1); 
		$target_forum = $target_forum1[$tef_key];
		// ENDE PATCH Für viele Foren

In Konfig of the Plugin you can put the fid of the Forum like this
1,34,6,7 an so on

Greetings
Robert
(2012-04-09, 01:04 AM)binarygod Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome plugin! After applying all the fixes within this thread I still have odd behavior on clicking Edit in the thread. I have click Edit, I get a drop down with Full and Quick, no matter which one I choose I get the normal thread editor and not the event editor as intended.

Edit: I have also found the templates in use and removed the java and links that create the Full and Quick, so now it's just a straight up Edit link. Still doesn't work Sad

So I'm having this same issue. I've done my very best (admittedly my best is not a lot) and my best guess is that the postbit hook isn't working. i can't image how or why or how to fix this, but any help or guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.
So after toying around with the my debug plugin, it appears that the variable $post[button_edit] is set to the correct string, but the edit button is still getting pulled from the template as opposed to from the plugin code, even though in functions_post the plugin calls (and setting the button_edit string to the calendar) happen AFTER the code to setup the edit button...

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.
AND SOLVED!!!!!
The problem came down to an old update that i couldn't find at all. Eventually after googling for 'mybb postbit plugin' I was pointed towards this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-113360.html which definitely clued me in to what the problem was. Ran this script: http://community.mybb.com/thread-108595.html as was linked to and voila the problem has been fixed!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5