MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When I try to make my site I go to /install and it takes me here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright so my site had a few errors so I restarted it. When I restarted it I can now not open the page. My site was xyzforums.net. I went to xyzforums.net/install to reinstall my stuff and it took my here. Can anyone help me over teamviewer? I'm willing to pay if you can fix this. I have installed the stuff before but my site started glitching. I want to reinstall the stuff again but it won't let me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need help over teamviewer.

Errors I get
[Image: woweu.png]

My stuff in FileZilla
[Image: stuffb.png]
I think there is a file inside install called install.php.

So type in xyzforums.net/install/install.php
EDIT: Nevermind, that doesn't work. Did you create your databases?
What do you mean when you said you restarted the site? Did you restart the server? Apache? Or did you just delete everything in your ftp and start over again?

It looks like there is some configuration error on the server that is not serving up the site.

Also, you might have the hosting, but you should also check the nameservers. Check if the nameservers are right on your domain name and then try it.
(2011-03-22, 01:03 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean when you said you restarted the site? Did you restart the server? Apache? Or did you just delete everything in your ftp and start over again?

It looks like there is some configuration error on the server that is not serving up the site.
I just deleted everything then restarted, I never deleted the ftp only the stuff in filezilla.. I'm still needing help with this over teamviewer.

Whoa, isn't there like a public_html folder or something?
If the files are there but you can not access them then unfortunately we can't really help you with much there. You will have to contact your host to find out why you can not access the files.
(2011-03-22, 01:35 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]If the files are there but you can not access them then unfortunately we can't really help you with much there. You will have to contact your host to find out why you can not access the files.
Alright, thanks. But how do I delete the host then restart? I'm going to try that.
(2011-03-22, 01:43 AM)sasuke22789 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-22, 01:35 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]If the files are there but you can not access them then unfortunately we can't really help you with much there. You will have to contact your host to find out why you can not access the files.
Alright, thanks. But how do I delete the host then restart? I'm going to try that.

Again, get in touch with your host and ask them to do it for you or at least look in to it. We can not give you concrete solutions as we have no idea what your host's setup is.
Theres some problem with the DNS of your host,I too had that.when I goto:

www.xyzforums.net (don't know if this is only your real domain or for example you saying like xyz)

it redirects me to default page,I too had this problem earlier,my host forgot to remove DNS entries while terminating account and it led my web to default page,so maybe you ask your host to clear your DNS entries from the DNS cluster or maybe change host?
Pages: 1 2