MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to completely remove post icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
You're right, how could I forget that! Smile Thanks for reminding me.

I will consider your other idea.

If you want to remove both post icons and thread status icons, you only have to make a small change. I wrote a tutorial on how to completely remove post icons (this tutorial), and another one on how to completely remove thread status icons. After following both of the tutorials, do the following:

1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_threadlist.
2. Find the following piece of code from the forumdisplay_threadlist template:

<td class="tcat" colspan="2" width="66%">

3. Replace the piece of code you found in step 2 with:

<td class="tcat" colspan="1" width="66%">

In the end no thread status icons or post icons will show up on your forums. An example can be found below:

[attachment=22147]
Another thing :

1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > User control panel > usercp_subscriptions_thread.

Remove:
<td align="center" class="trow2" width="1%">{$icon}</td>

2.Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > User control panel > usercp_latest_subscribed_threads.

Remove:
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}" width="2%">{$icon}</td>

Replace :

<td class="{$bgcolor}">{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

With :

<td class="{$bgcolor}" colspan="2">{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

3.Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > User control panel > usercp_latest_threads_threads

Remove:
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}" width="2%">{$icon}</td>

Replace :

<td class="{$bgcolor}" >{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

with :

<td class="{$bgcolor}" colspan="2">{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>
Okay, I think this is enough proof there needs to be a setting to disable post icons. Toungue

I'll add that to the tutorial later, thanks. Smile
You may also consider to add Removal of Post icons from Private Messages page: http://community.mybb.com/thread-92360-p...#pid673668 Wink
Loque has mentioned that too: http://community.mybb.com/thread-90769-p...#pid663458

I'll look into it.
step 16&17 same with 20&21...
Great tutorial, very information. Might use this one day.

Thank you for all your hard work Smile
how to remove post icon which on private message? Im still find it on private message
on private message still has post icon. how to remove it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6