MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot disable the IP feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again MyBB family!

I cannot find how to disable the view ip feature in the mod control panel. I can disable it in the group control panel but the ip`s can still be viewed in the mod cp!?!? I have to be able to view them as an admin or I would totally eliminate them.

Sad to say the live gaming community is being hit hard with ip bots/shells. People are paying moderators in many gaming forums to give the ip`s of certain users which in return, makes their gaming life hell.

Any suggestions would be great.
Are you viewing the mod CP as an admin?
(2011-03-22, 02:19 PM)nukeking Wrote: [ -> ]People are paying moderators in many gaming forums to give the ip`s of certain users

That's just terrible.
(2011-03-22, 05:36 PM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]Are you viewing the mod CP as an admin?

My mods are the ones who brought this to my attention after I mentioned I disabled them from viewing ip`s.

You can not selectively revoke sections of the modcp without a plugin or a core edit.
If its an urgent problem I would just edit modcp.php file to selectively remove access to the ipsearch option.