MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change the admin password?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how to change my mybb forum password from sql / phpmyadminl?
please tell i want to change it through a "temp-password" and change it after log in. please help me.
Run this query:

This will reset the password to test

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = '1'; 

Replace uid with the uid of the user you want to change the password of

EDIT: you might have to change the mybb_ with your table prefix if you're using a different table prefix.
Go to: CPanel > Database Management > phpmyadmin > Click on "SQL" tab > and enter the following query and Press "Go"

UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1';

Login with test as the password.
(2011-03-23, 05:49 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = '1'; 

EDIT: you might have to change the mybb_ with your table prefix if you're using a different table prefix.

** The password is "test" **
and thanks you two gyes. a rep for both of u.
Thanks.
(2011-03-23, 05:49 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Run this query:

Thanks! I was looking for " how to reset the mybb admin password " today.
I just had to remember to use the correct database first Rolleyes