MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Right-Click Open in New Tab menu not showing for Mac User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there! I've searched and haven't been able to find a solution for this (first time, actually, since installing MyBB--thanks so much for such a great bunch of people who've pretty much answered all my questions already!).

# Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary

One of my forum users is using a Mac and running into something in Firefox browser that none of the rest of us are able to recreate. Most of us use the latest edition of Firefox and when we right-click on a thread we get the menu that allows us to open a link in a new tab, new window, etc. (Of course hovering over the thread title also brings up the "Click and Hold to Edit".) In the case of the member using the Mac, the only option she gets when right clicking is to "Click and Hold to Edit" and the other menu doesn't appear.

# URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
http://customsims3.com/forums/portal.php

(We are currently working on preparing the forum for the regular members so it's not officially open yet.)

# New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
New installation with one mod which is the Pro Portal, although this was happening before I installed the portal.

Thank you in advance for any info anyone might be able to share.
The right click menus to open in new tab and so on are controlled by the browser. They would be better off trying to check if firefox for mac might be able to look in to this as a possible bug for firefox.
It is probably an issue with Mac sir,not mybb I guess.
This has nothing to do with MyBB... it will be a problem with the browser. Get them to see if it happens in a different browser.
After reading what has been posted I asked my member just to make sure I didn't come here with only half the info again. It isn't happening site-wide. Here's what she said in her post:

Quote:Well, I just discovered that if the thread has page numbers, I can right-click on one of the numbers and get the menu option for new tab. But still not the thread name, or any thread names without numbers.

User CP and all the other stuff behaves normally, giving me the usual options for new tab. The regular forum thread names are working normally, too. It's only the thread names when I search by View New Posts that malfunction. Bizarre.

So, it's only happening for her in the View New Posts search results page. I hope that helps. Smile
So, after over a month no one has a clue what's going on with this?
As said above, this isn't going to be anything we can fix, we can't control when Firefox will show that menu/option. We can't view the View New Posts page without a test account, but the results page from a standard search uses the same templates as the View New Posts list, and it works fine for me on a Mac with the latest Firefox.
Okay, thank you! Sorry for my not getting around sooner, everything else just keeps eating up my time.

I think for now it's fairly moot anyway as the one user who was having the problem has had to pretty much go into seclusion because of health issues. None of the other Mac users have said anything about it.

I'll mark this as solved, then. Smile