MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom profile fields bug when mods edit users in the mod cp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
v 1.6.2

I have several custom profile fields for users.

many with settings: Required: Y Editable :Y Hidden: N
lets call these set 1( these are for users only to edit)

Some with settings: Required: N Editable :N Hidden: Y
lets call these set 2 ( these are for moderators only to edit)

when the moderator goes to edit set 2 and hits save:
all of set 1 get erased?

Sorry I couldn't respond to this earlier as I wanted to test and see if I can reproduce this.

I could not reproduce the exact problem you described. However, keep in mind that there is currently a bug that causes custom profiles to not be saved in modcp and it should be fixed in 1.6.3. The bug was a regression of another bug. http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1266
Whether your problem is caused by that bug or a plugin interfering can not be said until after the next version where we can rule this out.
Yes I've got this problem.

I've just updated to 1.6.3 and found this problem I didn't have before within 5 minutes. Sad

Basically you can't edit custom profile fields via the Mod CP. Once you try and save it just saves a blank, so anything you entered isn't saved. It just comes up blank every time.

In fact the profile fields which are already there can't be edited either, not just the custom ones I've added.

P.S. To save anyone asking, I don't have any plugins.
Looks like the bug is still present, in 1.6.3 I just tried on my forum the modcp still will not save and the problem was in either 1.6.1 or 1.6.2 as on my local host i still have 1.6 and the profile fields save on that version. you can edit them through the acp no problem but you don't really want to be giving mods admin access.
1.6.3 ended up being mainly a security update so this won't be fixed until 1.6.4