MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requesting 4chan-like green text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. Does anyone know how to make 4chan-like green text (quoting) in MyCodes after '>'? For example:

>Hello

If '>' is in middle of a sentence, the rest of the sentence won't be green-texted.

Thanks in advance.
For quoting? Just edit the quoting CSS. I think i had mine set to smaller font size :p
I think he meant, whenever he use >SOME_TEXT its font color change to >SOME_TEXT . Just like /me function.
There is no end tag... so I don't see how it could work... you could make it >text here< like that I guess...
(2011-03-24, 03:15 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]There is no end tag... so I don't see how it could work... you could make it >text here< like that I guess...

Its possible. You just need to use a single \>\([A-Za-z0-9]+)\ tag.
(2011-03-24, 03:28 AM)shazril Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all. Does anyone know how to make 4chan-like green text (quoting) in MyCodes after '>'? For example:

>Hello

If '>' is in middle of a sentence, the rest of the sentence won't be green-texted.

Thanks in advance.

This should work.

Regular Expression:
(\n|^)&gt;(.*?)(\n|$)

Replacement:
$1<span style="color: #32CD32;">&gt;$2</span>$3

Regards,
Jammerx2
The problem with that is that you have to skip a line every time you do it. Here's an example: http://mebes.net/Thread-The-Hitler-Game
If you do a line after the other, for example
>test
>test
>test
>test
only every other line will be green.
Hey I still need this, I was thinking of adding [br] somewhere in the replacement text or something.
(2011-10-05, 03:46 AM)smexy Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with that is that you have to skip a line every time you do it. Here's an example: http://mebes.net/Thread-The-Hitler-Game
If you do a line after the other, for example
>test
>test
>test
>test
only every other line will be green.

Hey I still need this, I was thinking of adding [br] somewhere in the replacement text or something.

Very sorry to gravedig this thread but I was searching everywhere for the solution to this, I fixed it by just putting the myCode in twice: 
[Image: 925e2bd21aab4f10bf40383e24b13d2b.png]