MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Take user and post backup and export in a freshed copy of mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in a grate trouble with reinstalling mybb.
After transferring into others host i found some of my plugins are not working .also the user are invisible from acp.
So there is any way that i can only export the user and posts and place them into a fresh copy of mybb forum.
Please provide me a Sql query. thanks in advance.
So Basically you want to shift your current database to some other host?
Are you sure that this is the best way to rectify the situation? Moving hosts should not cause the problems you state so probably something somewhere is not right. Importing sections of a backup can cause even more problems if not done right or if you miss key parts of the database.
I would suggest you try and get to the bottom of why the initial problem happened to begin with.

If you must do a selective import then heres info to do that:

First, do you still have access to the old forum on the previous host? If you do then you can take a selective backup by selecting only the users, posts and threads tables.

If you do not have access to the old forum then you can either edit a copy of the backup sql file and remove the parts you do not want to import, however a cleaner way would be to setup a new temporary mybb forum, import the entire database in to it and then make a selective backup from there.

My guess is that you did a partial import. If you used phpmyadmin make 100% sure that the import doesn't pause or stop. Most phpmyadmin have it setup to a certain size of import. Anything after that has to be continued in a second import. That's my guess.
(2011-03-24, 04:50 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that you did a partial import. If you used phpmyadmin make 100% sure that the import doesn't pause or stop. Most phpmyadmin have it setup to a certain size of import. Anything after that has to be continued in a second import. That's my guess.
My host has phpmyadmin importing limit of 500MB thats pretty decent I guess. Smile