MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant Stay logged in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You have to open the inc/settings.php file and edit it. Open it, scroll down to where the cookie settings are, enter the correct settings, save it. Once you manage to login you make the same changes in admincp >> configuration

PM me ftp and admincp details if you still don't get it
Geek,brother,I did the whole,still no luck.

What can be done?

Listen I have some questions,my SQL tables are of 1.62 I guess as I installed 1.6.2 directly,so if I install 1.61 and import the database of that tables,would it affect some sorta things?
(2011-03-24, 10:56 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Geek,brother,I did the whole,still no luck.

What can be done?

Listen I have some questions,my SQL tables are of 1.62 I guess as I installed 1.6.2 directly,so if I install 1.61 and import the database of that tables,would it affect some sorta things?

I know, i did that!!

it still doesnt work.
You had this very problem right away after installing a fresh copy brother? Sad
Then you're probably not putting in the right settings. Beyond that I don't know what else to tell you.

If this was a bug in 1.6.2 we would have know by now as this is a pretty serious problem. 99% of the problems I have encountered with login usually has to do with the cookie and the fact that the user didn't put in the correct values.

If you want me to take a look PM me ftp and admincp login.
The OP's problem has been solved via PM. It did end up being a cookie problem. The domain was not set correctly. And so I repeat myself for you crazy4cs, this is not a bug, you probably just have your cookie settings wrong. Actually from what I've seen you posting around as your cookie path setting, I am pretty sure its your cookie settings that are messed up.
(2011-03-24, 12:04 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]The OP's problem has been solved via PM. It did end up being a cookie problem. The domain was not set correctly. And so I repeat myself for you crazy4cs, this is not a bug, you probably just have your cookie settings wrong. Actually from what I've seen you posting around as your cookie path setting, I am pretty sure its your cookie settings that are messed up.
Can you solve it for me?

(2011-03-24, 10:20 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I guess MyBB 1.62 definately some bugs in this

The changes between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 are very minimal and were not related to this at all, and this problem is not a bug anyway.

(2011-03-24, 10:20 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Things I have done:

1. CHMOD inc/settings.php and config.php to 666.
2. To login ACP,I can only do one thing,that is set cookie path to www.myforums.com (default: /)
3. But doing,that logs out members as soon as they log.
4. Also I made sure,that I change it from ACP too afterwards but no luck.

So atm,its all messed up,any ideas?

What's your URL...??

Seriously, at least 99% of people who claim this is a bug in MyBB have just got incorrect settings. If people don't know why they should be changing a setting, or what it should be set to, don't change it.
(2011-03-24, 01:12 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-24, 12:04 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]The OP's problem has been solved via PM. It did end up being a cookie problem. The domain was not set correctly. And so I repeat myself for you crazy4cs, this is not a bug, you probably just have your cookie settings wrong. Actually from what I've seen you posting around as your cookie path setting, I am pretty sure its your cookie settings that are messed up.
Can you solve it for me?

I asked to be PMed the ftp and admincp details which the OP did and I fixed it for him, you keep bringing this issue up but you don't seem to want to provide any details so we can fix it for you.
Pages: 1 2