MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: private messages post migration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there
i have migrated to mybb from vB about a month ago, and things look fine!

recently i noticed only 25% of my PMs were migrated, no pressure. but it was giving me total no# of PM count that i had in vB. so i deleted PMs from all the folders (inbox/sent/draft/trash) and now i see the PM count as...

no# of PMs i had in vB minus 25% of PMs that were migrated to mybb

any clue so as to what can be done? i just want to reset the counter...
thanks!
Go to: ACP > Tools and Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild > and Run Recount Statistics tool.
i ran all the tools after migration and its still the same.
anyways, i ran 'recount statistics' tool now again, which seem to complete in fraction of sec, and still incorrect PM count.
Another user previously had a similar problem involving a vb import. For some reason the private messages were still there in the privatemessages table but they were not being recognized by the mybb system but still being counted. He fixed it by emptying the table and starting over.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-81464.html

If thats not an option for you, then you can run this query in phpmyadmin to manually delete only your pms from the database:
MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE FIRST, just in case

DELETE FROM `mybb_privatemessages` WHERE `uid` = 1;

Replace uid with your uid and also replace mybb_ with your table prefix if different.

Once you run that, return to Admincp >> Tools and Maintenance and do the Recount and Rebuild there again.