MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla 1.6 and MyBB 1.6 Integrated.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used Jfusion 1.6 to integrate the two sites. Everything configures properly and the plug in shows the mybb users. However I run into a problem:
joomla_int: needs registration to be enabled as it is the master. New users cannot register.

Has anyone used jfusion, if so could you help with this error? Everything configures fine but, then again I cant get the plug in to say that joomlas registration is enabled. I checked all joomla group, user and global settings to enabled.

I know this may be joomla problem, but they refuse to answer it on their forum, and many users have asked about it.

Im hoping a myBB user has experienced this and can help. Thanks
Quote:joomla_int: needs registration to be enabled as it is the master. New users cannot register.
In jfusion joomla is configured as master and you need to enable registration : users -> groups and in right upper corner you will see Options,click on it and under component tab enable "Allow User Registration".
I appreciate your response, however I still get the error even though I followed your instructions. Maybe you would like to look at it for me if you have a spare minute?
I have this working with MyBB as the master.
You get all the extra security (ie. limited login attempts*) that works real well with MyBB. Also, People get to reg at MyBB which has a better set-up there too. Smile

*Does joomla have limited login attempts now (?), MyBB sure does.
Thanks Seeker! Are you running jfusion 1.6.1? I have it configured with mybb as the master now. You are right, this is better! However, I am not able to sync users. When I click start it just jumps to the top and does nothing. have you experienced this issue?
Actually it doesnt work at all. It won't bring new users into Joomla from myBB.
(2011-03-26, 03:24 PM)WSHTF Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Seeker! Are you running jfusion 1.6.1? ...

A week, or so, ago jfusion 1.6.1 was not officially released yet.
jfusion 1.5.x as slave (w/ *Joomla 1.5* for now) and MyBB as master was working good for me.

It's great when it works, but can eat up some time, hope you get yours working.

Yeah I am running Joomla 1.6 with jfusion 1.6.1 and its not working. Maybe I'm too far ahead of the game. Sad There is no way I could downgrade just for this feature though, Joomla 1.6 is so much better and there was a security problem with 1.5 which I was a victim of. Hacked and everything lost a couple weeks ago.