MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restrict certain ip's from registering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be awesome to have a mod that can look at the ip address of the person attempting to register and compare it to database of banned users from a game server (SourceBans) and block registration.

Would anyone be up for this?
Does sourcebans list all who are banned? Just manually add them.
Here is: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=368

The plugin searches the IP of banned users from the db, compare it with the end user's IP, if matched then shows error. Wink So you don't need to ban IP or range of IPs, just install it and there you go.. Big Grin This is also suitable to stop spam either in posts or in registrations from your forums. Wink
MyBB already has IP banning. As for comparing it to some other source...that you would need a plugin for but may I suggest you just export it and then htaccess block.
Sorry if I was unclear. What I'm looking for in this is I run a game server and often have to ban unruly children for breaking the rules/trolling. I have a web based ban system called sourcebans that also records the persons ip address. Often when someone is banned they want to join my forums to cry about it or blame it on their sister so I would just rather block them from registering should their ip address (during registration) matches any of the banned folks in sourcebans.

Would this be doable I wonder?
You can create a cron job to export your block list into a txt file that a plugin can read to block.