MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: move?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how can I move my forum to another server?
Download all forum files via your FTP client and export your database from phpmyadmin. Once you have everything you need, go to your other host and upload all files, once uploaded go to phpmyadmin, make a database and upload all the files.

Go to inc/config.php and change the database info or whatever is needed. Next go to inc/settings.php and change all the board settings and URL settings. Once you've done that, go to AdminCP and go to Configuration and general, change all the board settings again so it overwrites the settings in the file and doesn't revert back later.
It would be much time consuming download via FTP.

If you are using cPanel,login it and goto Backup Manager section and backup home directory,it would be done in 2-3 minutes and would be stored in your home directory unless you selected different location,download that whole gzip compressed backup file to your PC.

It would have all,MySQL databases,your directories and all.
If your download speed is good enough, it shouldn't take any more than 5 minutes.
Yea,but I have around 30kbps.

My forum has about 4K members and 6K posts,and the database of about 30 mb.The whole GZIP compressed package turns about 55-60MB. Smile
I understand what having a slow speed is like, I have to same speed. However, I still manage to do it.