MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restrictions on the basis of posts count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys!
is there any plug in which allow us to put restrictions on members on the basis of posts count.
for example, a members can't start a thread before his post count gets to 10 or any other restriction.

if there is any, please give me link. this will save 90% of my effort.

thanks
anyone there?
Can't this just be done with MyBB's Promotion system?

Add a new usergroup that is called "Validated user" or something. Remove the "Post Thread" permission from all preferred forums for the "Registrered user" group. Add "Post Thread" permission for the new "Validated user" group to the preferred forums. Now set up a new MyBB Group Promotion where select the Post count as a requirement and and Post count greater than 10 posts. The original group would be Registered and the new group will be "Validated" (or whatever you call it). Done Smile
@Aries-Belgium i want to save all this effort, ...
@yaldaram i'll grab it asap... Smile
(2011-03-25, 03:20 PM)Thruster Wrote: [ -> ]@Aries-Belgium i want to save all this effort, ...

This is what it's there for. Why would you add more code to do the exact same thing that is already built in the core?
Many people seem to be against group promotions for some reason.
(2011-03-25, 07:38 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Many people seem to be against group promotions for some reason.

I think it's a great feature. Maybe that those people don't really get what it does exactly.