MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First Forum Built, need help to fix up couple small issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Eeek

how do i fix this, whish it said something more than just ERROR.. LOL

http://www.adelaideeseries.com/korourke/

First reupload ./inc/languages/english/ folder. Your language folder is either missing or not properly CHMOD.

Are you using any plugin for portal ?
Hi Guys

I have finally finished setting up my forum

I have a few small issues that i would like someone to help me fix, or for someone to run there eyes over and fix for me. Happy to give log in details for a trusted member, or staff member

here is the forum
http://www.adelaideeseries.com/korourke

First issue is
The portal functionality has been disabled by the Administrator.
Couple of the Icons are not showing up
Gallery should - {myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Its My Birthday icon? i thinik when starting a new post.
I would like to put some advertising into my forum - i have a http://www.adbrite.com account which pay well and are happy for u to post there ads on forums.

Thanks
How do you turn off the board message so users go straight into the forum

this is the current msg ppl r getting

Check through the configuration in Admin CP, something is probably turned off somewhere.
lol i had a look couldnt see it, but then again i said i had fixed the cookie issue i was having last night but didnt..lol
Please do not open multiple threads for the same problem as its just splits the discussion and makes it unproductive. I've merged your threads for now.

For your portal message, you probably have a portal plugin installed (proportal maybe) and it is disabled. The default portal does not have that option. You have to either enable the portal plugin and if you don't want to use it the deactivate it and use mybb's portal.

Your icon not showing, check the template to make sure that their location is right and also make sure that they exist on your system. ( I just noticed an image on your front page thats pointing to mybbforums.com

Gallery: Not sure what you're asking. If you want to have a gallery, check the mods section for gallery plugins.

Its My Birthday icon: Again not sure what you're asking. The plugin installs an icon that is used when it creates a new thread but it can also be used as a regular icon when creating new threads.

Advertisement: You can either manualy add the ad code in to the templates where you want them or for a more finer control you can use one of the many plugins available in the mods section
Your portal is turned off, you need to activate it in the AdminCP -> Configuration -> Portal Settings
it shows this stupid thing still

Holden Auto Buy & Sell

I just want it to go straight into the stupid forum..lol
You probably have your default page set to the Portal.
Pages: 1 2