MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All users can't see all the threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After running a merge and correcting user permissions some users have had issues seeing all the threads listed. One of the users having problems is a super moderator and should be able to see all the threads. They can find the threads using search, just can't see them in regular forums. Is there a thread specific permission feature that I do not know of or is there something that could cause this?

I did a conversion from phpBB2 using version 1.6.0. Before merge I created the original phpBB2 tables and copied data from my heavily modded phpBB2 to make sure merge would not mess up because of invalid table format.

I also had an issue where around 50 users did not merge. In the first test run I thought this was because of external user avatars that did not exist & thus merging was VERY slow, I removed those to make the user merge go through without getting stuck. Then found out some users didn't merge anyway – and looking at the phpBB2 table I don't see anything that could cause this.
The non copied users were probably banned users. Though that doesn't make sense either, since the merge system is supposed to preserve those.

As for per thread permissions, no. However there are per forum permissions and per group permissions. Have you verified that ALL of those are correct? Even supermods can be limited if the Admins want them to be so.
I'm also told the missing threads may appear later on, after they've been found using search. This piece of information seems a bit weird to me. My guesses for the moment could go for possible cache features of MyBB, or for some other issues in database structure. I've rebuilt all the caches in Admin CP, but these complains have come several days after doing that.

I've gone through the permissions quite throughoutly, the original table after merge had a multitude of permissions (multiple times per forum per group, about five rows of permissions for the registered group), probably because it was a table I forgot to TRUNCATE before the second merge. Truncated the tables selectively as I forgot to take a backup of clean pre-merge tables. Anyway, I cleaned up the permissions table manually and it now has only the minimal 20 rows instead of way over 100 – and of course then checked that the permissions were set correctly in the Admin CP as well.

Atleast nobody has complained about not being able to see a forum they should see or that they couldn't do moderating. So I don't think the issue is a permission issue, but goes to some other area of MyBB and possibly relates to how the Merge system works. Right now I don't have the energy to start digging around the tables.

The missing users weren't banned users, just some regular users who didn't have any kind of special permissions. For some extra info, I didn't select all the users from the original table, I opted out users that didn't stay for long or never logged in and didn't post any messages. However the missing users are in the resulting table that went for merge. I guess I can provide the users table privately if you (or someone best suited) want to do a test/debug run.