MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Any Version] Integrate your MyBB with Mediawiki!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are various plugins all over MyBB.com with how to integrate MyBB with a Mediawiki installation. None of them work however, either because they are outdated or don't work on 1.6

Below is the proper working version for integrating to Mediawiki. Download and extract the contents of this zip file. Then open up the AuthMyBB.php file. At the top, there is a variable to your forums path. Put the full path to your forums directory (../<yourforumdirhere>/ works) inside the speech marks of the variable and upload this to your MediaWiki root. It should now integrate logins.

This is not a MyBB plugin and as such, should not be set up in the MyBB AdminCP.

It is recommended that you disable registration on the wiki so that it doesn't confuse the system.

If you have any questions, post them here but make sure you have read the included README first! Smile

Thanks Big Grin
Nice work! Smile
Thanks, note that I didn't make this, Kieran (Polarbear) gave me these files a while ago since every other system didn't work. Toungue
This is a nice mod, and im about to try it out!

If my forum is in the servers root anyway (public_html), should i just put

var $forum_path = "/public_html/";
If you have a structure like this:

public_html
-> wiki
forum here

In that var, you'd put
../ (as the ../ takes it back 2 directories)

If you did it like you have it, it would look inside the folder where your wiki is installed for a folder called public_html, which would obviously fail.
Worked for me, brilliant.

Thanks.
(2011-03-25, 08:44 AM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]There are various plugins all over MyBB.com with how to integrate MyBB with a Mediawiki installation. None of them work however, either because they are outdated or don't work on 1.6

Below is the proper working version for integrating to Mediawiki. Download and extract the contents of this zip file. Then open up the AuthMyBB.php file. At the top, there is a variable to your forums path. Put the full path to your forums directory (../<yourforumdirhere>/ works) inside the speech marks of the variable and upload this to your MediaWiki root. It should now integrate logins.

It is recommended that you disable registration on the wiki so that it doesn't confuse the system.

If you have any questions, post them here but make sure you have read the included README first! Smile

Thanks Big Grin
will this replace our forum or will it just add a wiki page?

Hey, sorry for the delay.

No, this does not replace your forum, it does not add a wiki page: this simply creates a bridge between MediaWiki and MyBB. You must install Mediawiki somewhere, upload the PHP file in the zip of the OP to your MediaWiki install and configure.
After noticing a support thread saying this does not work, I would like to reiteriate that this is NOT a MyBB plugin and should not be imported through the AdminCP. You must upload the php file included to the root of your MediaWiki installation and configure there.
(2011-03-25, 08:44 AM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]It should now integrate logins.

Can you be a little more clear as to what "integrate logins" means? Presumably both systems now work off one user database, and the other database is deprecated. Which database?

I suspect it deprecates the MediaWiki database, right? If so, is there any way to do it the other way around?

I have an existing MediaWiki instance with over 100 users. I want to add a forum, and would like to use the MW database for myBB. Any way I can do that? (Actually, I'd like to have both run off OpenID; but I think I can get MW to integrate with OpenID as a separate step.)

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3