MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing a new theme...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to install a new theme and have my current plugins work for the new theme WITHOUT reactivating the plugins? I don't want to reactivate the plugins because when they get reactivated, their settings are reset too...
Depends, what plugins are you talking about? Most plugins work with new themes, but you may need to re-add their template edits, which are given (usually) on their release threads.
(2011-03-26, 05:47 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Depends, what plugins are you talking about? Most plugins work with new themes, but you may need to re-add their template edits, which are given (usually) on their release threads.
Will re-adding their template edits require manual editing?
Yes, or you can deactivate-reactivate the plugins to add them back, which you don't want to.
(2011-03-26, 05:56 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, or you can deactivate-reactivate the plugins to add them back, which you don't want to.
Is there any way for me to save my Plugin's Settings when I deactivate them?
(2011-03-26, 06:15 AM)Iamazn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-26, 05:56 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, or you can deactivate-reactivate the plugins to add them back, which you don't want to.

No, how many plugins do you have? Just install the new theme and input any template edits after.
(2011-03-26, 06:18 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-26, 06:15 AM)Iamazn Wrote: [ -> ]

No, how many plugins do you have? Just install the new theme and input any template edits after.
About 25.
I think that wouldn't possible, there some mybb plugin that needs to be reactivated when you will change your template... I think, you should exert extra effort in reactivating..anyway it takes only a few minutes to do that....