MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to integrate AJAX Chat with your MyBB theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-04-20, 02:40 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Add something like this to your .htaccess
RewriteRule ^page-([^./]+)$ misc.php?page=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

That will give you a URL of forum.com/page-ajaxchat (and you can use the same URL format for any other pages created in Page Manager).

Sorry for the noob question, but do I need to change anything in that, or add it exactly as is?
(2011-04-20, 02:18 PM)Reece Wrote: [ -> ]The URL returned by Page Manager to be uglier and longer than I'd really like. Anyway to make it something like "forum.com/ajaxchat.php" as opposed to "forum.com/misc.php?page=ajaxchat"? Even a cleaner redirect link would suffice.

Also, I get the following pop-up error whenever I open up the page with the chat. Is it anything to worry about?

[Image: chaterror.png]

Anyway, great tut!

Cheers, Reece.

Thanks. To fix that error, which only comes up in Chrome, refer to this post earlier in this thread Angel:
(2011-04-05, 04:17 PM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got it to work.

After doing this one:
Quote:1. Upload to the server
--------------------

Upload the chat folder to your server into your MyBB forum directory:
e.g. http://example.org/mybb/chat/

Follow this guide: http://community.mybb.com/thread-46457.html

Then finish the rest of the installation.

If you get an error:
Quote:TypeError: Object #<an HTMLObjectElement> has no method 'create'

Go to:
Quote:/public_html/chat/js/FABridge.js

Find:
Quote:if (/Explorer/.test(navigator.appName) || /Konqueror|Safari|KHTML/.test(navigator.appVersion))

Replace with:
Quote:if((!(/Chrome/.test(navigator.appVersion))) && ((/Explorer/.test(navigator.appName) || /Konqueror|Safari|KHTML/.test(navigator.appVersion))))

If it shows still, try to clear your browser cache. It should work after that.

And thanks AJS Cool

(2011-04-20, 03:22 PM)Reece Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the noob question, but do I need to change anything in that, or add it exactly as is?

You don't need to change anything unless you want the URL to be something other than page-
One screenshot?
When going to instal.php i get this error.
Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:
(2011-07-20, 06:01 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]When going to instal.php i get this error.
Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:

Quote:Important Note: I only provide support for my guide, not the software used in it. This means if you have a problem with AJAX Chat or the Pages plugin then take it to the appropriate thread unless it's a web address error, like it's not loading in the page or similar.

Though I'll make an exception because I do participate on your forum Smile

What exactly did you do to try and install it? Also, did you use the version I linked to in the first post?
Installed in the root, mcmines.com/chat/install.php and I used that version yes then i went to that page and got the error.
(2011-07-20, 06:12 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Installed in the root, mcmines.com/chat/install.php and I used that version yes then i went to that page and got the error.

Should have worked then Huh Try opening chat/lib/config.php and enter your database details in these lines:

// Database connection values:
$config['dbConnection'] = array();
// Database hostname:
$config['dbConnection']['host'] = null;
// Database username:
$config['dbConnection']['user'] = null;
// Database password:
$config['dbConnection']['pass'] = null;
// Database name:
$config['dbConnection']['name'] = null;
// Database type:
$config['dbConnection']['type'] = null;
// Database link:
$config['dbConnection']['link'] = null;
Host name should be localhost, and the only other things I think you need to change are user, pass, and name.
Database name i put this correct?
$config['database']['database'] = '';

and for the Link I put what?
Pages: 1 2 3 4