MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 error accessing forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first time installing MyBB and I've run into a issue. Everything went fine with the installer and the ACP is working fine. The major issue is the forums don't work. I'm able to add forums/categories without a problem, but when I try to view a forum I get a 404 error, specifically "The requested URL /forum-6.html was not found on this server." It looks to me like the forum html pages should be generated when I create them in the ACP, but browsing the root directory no such file exists. Is this some sort of permissions issue? I've followed the suggestions in the wiki for permissions and the ACP is giving me the green light across the board. I've also tried rebuilding the caches. Huh

V1.6

Thanks,

Josh
I think this is something to do with your .htaccess, try going in your MyBB settings and disabling the "Friendly URL" setting...
If you wish to have the URLS you currently have...
Rename "htaccess.txt" in your forums root directory to ".htaccess"
That was it! Now I need to figure out why it wasn't working when enabled.

Thanks,

Josh

(2011-03-26, 01:52 PM)ImagineDesigns Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is something to do with your .htaccess, try going in your MyBB settings and disabling the "Friendly URL" setting...

And of course I didn't fully read your reply, renaming htaccess worked perfect.

Thanks..

(2011-03-26, 01:57 PM)joshua_cohen Wrote: [ -> ]That was it! Now I need to figure out why it wasn't working when enabled.

Thanks,

Josh

(2011-03-26, 01:52 PM)ImagineDesigns Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is something to do with your .htaccess, try going in your MyBB settings and disabling the "Friendly URL" setting...

Your welcome...