MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error installing MyBB 1.6.2 on XAMPP 1.7.5 Beta1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I looked at this thread Installing mybb 1.6.1 in xampp error and this thread http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/reposi...sions/5299. I followed all the instructions and everything that MattRogowski said and that workaround doesn't work. It's made for MyBB 1.6.1 and I have the latest version, MyBB 1.6.2. I have added attachments that shows what I'm seeing. I got to the "mysql_db_tables.php" in the dev site. But when I added those 6 files, I got what is seen in the attachments. If you need anymore info, just ask Smile

[attachment=22079]
This is the beginning of the page...

[attachment=22080]
This is the end of the page...
Er, what exactly did you put into the files...?? You've put the whole HTML of the dev site page into it, I don't know how you've managed that o.O On that link for the revision, click the name of each file, then click the Download link above the code, and replace your current copy of the files with this newly download one.
That's what I did... I just saved those six files and put them in there respectable places. I deleted those and then I re-downloaded them and MyBB 1.6.2 again. And I overwrote them and put them in there respectable places. But its still doing the same thing, like in the attachments. I didn't download anything more than those 6 files, I don't know what happened...
Well you've not downloaded them right, I have no idea what you're clicking here; if you click the Download link, you get a PHP file, you're getting the HTML of the site, you're not pressing the right link. This is the link I'm talking about:

[attachment=22082]

If you just click this you will not get the HTML from the site like you're doing, it sounds like you're downloading the actual webpage, not this file.
I'm not on my main computer right now so, I can't download these files...

Ok, I thought you meant to right click on the file like in the attachment. lol [attachment=22085]

But I will do as you said when I get on my main computer. Smile
Yes, those are what you need to click first, but I never said anything about right clicking them, I just said to click them, then you'll go to a page that shows the code that's in the file, and there's a Download link above that.
Yes, it worked! Thanks Matt for all your help Smile