MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: newB Qs -- cart, structure ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, Came here through various comments that this is the place to be.
Also, because vB, IPB, and SMF are just not really me.

1.) I am running opencart as my base cms and shop for my site and really would like to complement those with a forum. The cms and cart are already tied together login wise ... how much of an effort would be having them play with mybb together? (login / user issues ....)

No, I wouldn't mind trying to actually work out a unified user/login system between the two.

2.) Since opencart is a MVC architecture. Is there such a move for mybb to do the same?

--
Actually, I have a few ideas up my sleeve so wondering ....
1. We don't really know as we have no idea how opencart works, you'd be better off asking in the Third Party Integration forum: http://community.mybb.com/forum-132.html

2. Yes, MyBB 2.0 will be using an MVC structure.
Thanks for the reply.

1.) I do understand that you'd not know how another code would work. Just like I'm not sure how your system works either since I still need to look under the hood. Smile

2.) Nice! ... is there a time frame that you are all looking at? ie, 6 months, next year ... only reason to ask is that I'd like to plan ahead. A strict release date is not a concern.

2a.) Keeping this discussion public for now but:
Are you looking at rolling your own MVC/adapting another? ie, yii?
Are you all interested in creating a deeper integration with 3rd party? I'm thinking of a deep integration between "cart" and mybb. Various reasons exist but most importantly I can see both benefiting ...

No I'm not an opencart developer. But ...