MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting an internal server error when I go to the merge directory.

Has any one else had this issue?
We need a lot more information than that mate.
Any screenshot or atleast your forum URL ?
A Forum URL won't mean much, as he's trying to merge to MyBB...

Who's your host??
Why is my forum url needed, its simple.

1) I installed a fresh copy of mybb via softaculous.
2) Downloaded merge.
3) Uploaded it to where it said in the instructions.
4) Went to the directory and got 500 internal server error. So I tried the going to the index.php page in the merge directory and got the same error.
I'm not sure if the Merge System works if you install MyBB with Softaculous, Dylan will need to confirm. Who's your host??
I don't know anything about softaculous, but as long as it doesn't modify the core MyBB files or Tables it should work with the merge system just fine. That said, a 500 internal server error is a problem with your host. See here for more information. To quote:
Quote:Fixing 500 errors - general

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

As for forum URLs, you're supposed to always provide it regardless. In the case of Merge Systems, you should provide both the old forum and the new MyBB forum.