MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing whole moderator group in settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a new installation the owner discovered that you can add whole groups to be moderators for a particular forum instead of having to add each one individually. She has quite a few moderators but she wants them all to mod EVERY area of the board with limited mod abilities and she has one Supermod with supermod powers.

I found that if I set the moderators group to have supermod abilities in the group settings, it overrides all settings that were set in there, like taking away the ability to see IP addresses. So, keeping them mods and doing it manually was the only option.

Anyway, she set all her forums to have the group inserted instead of adding each one individually and she didn't like that. Why? Because on the index and forum display it only shows "Moderated by: Moderators" instead of each person in the group.

So, she needs to add them in individually but when we looked in the ACP > forums > moderators area for each forum, there is no way to take out the group. It doesn't even show that it's listed.

I poked around in the ACP but I can't find where I would take off each group in each forum as moderators so she can put in individual members of the mod group instead.
Group moderators will show up in the Moderators tab for each forum, the same place where you can add new moderators to that forum. How exactly did you add them to all forums?? Via bulk SQL query??
CORRECTION:

There indeed is the moderators group showing - but not in two of the forums she tried to alter.

Weird. PLEASE feel free to close this thread or delete it. I don't know what she did in there but I am able to fix it.
Matt, we seem to have cross posted.

I don't know why but in a couple of forums the group settings are gone but it shows on the index page. She inserted a few individual moderators and they show along with the group on index, but no way to delete "moderators group" from the settings.

Sadly, I can't even let you see the board as it's a very private forum.

I think I'll be able to get it sorted.