MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default template/skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-03-27, 09:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You seem to be completely missing the point here. This theme was made many years ago (2003/2004??).

This is why I suggested a change (this is the "MyBB Suggestions and Feedback" forum, isn't it?).

Quote:It has already been majorly redesigned for our next major release. It has not been updated before now as that would have caused major disruptions to users and theme authors if the theme was completely rewritten and everything had to change. People already don't want to upgrade from older versions because of changes to their themes, and those changes are really minor compared to a completely new theme. And if you think that people would rather see an uncoloured skeleton theme when they install rather than what they get now, I think you're on your own in thinking that. And considering how many people are quite happy to keep this theme with little to no changes, clearly not everybody hates it; some people like it. It's not that we 'want' ugly themes, but rewriting it has not been an option. If you want to write some software that has tens or hundreds of thousands of installations, and then rewrite the theme and tell all your users that their themes are going to have to be rewritten from scratch, please try it, let me know how it goes. We know this theme is not great, we have already redesigned it for our next release, why continue to complain about something that we've already rewritten??

Dude, I'm not complaining at all, I'm replying to people who says things like "ugly is better so nobody uses it" etc.
This maybe slightly off topic but has to sorta do with themes.
In 2.0 has the acp also had a overhaul or will it remain as it is now, I only ask as i redesigned my acp not that its a big deal as it was mostly css changes.
Well it's also being rebuilt from scratch so I would imagine there will be changes but I got a feeling the layout is going to be about the same for the ACP honestly. Because, well I like it how it is Toungue.
I also like the layout of the acp but i just altered colours to match the rest of my site.
Pages: 1 2 3