MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6.2 on WAMP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I'm fairly experienced with MyBB however I am new to WAMP so please bear that in mind when replying. After installing WAMP I copied the MyBB files to c:/wamp/www/mybb and went to install the forum.

I found that MyBB wouldn't accept databases that weren't password protected so I went to PHPMyAdmin to create a database.

After entering the database details the installer is supposed to add the tables to the database but instead of doing this I receive an error.

This is what is on the page:

Quote:Table Creation

Connection to the database server and table you specified was successful.

Database Engine: MySQLi 5.5.8

The MyBB database tables will now be created.
Creating table mybb_adminlog...
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 9
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog ( uid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', module varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', action varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', data text NOT NULL, KEY module (module, action) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

What can I do to install MyBB successfully?

Thanks,
Clarkie
WAMP comes with MySQL 5.5 as standard - 1.6.2 isn't running on that at the moment. The next maintenance release will be updated with it.

In ./install/resources/mysql_db_tables.php - change all instances of

TYPE=MyISAM

to

ENGINE=MyISAM
Thanks very much I'll try that asap.

Solved thanks very much.