MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: create a full package?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm new to setting up advanced forums. I currently run a website created with Apple's iWebs, and run an SMF forum inside of that.

My current website is essentially a collection of several blogs and galleries, with the forum setup as a way for the main people in the group to post updates and talk with fans.

What I would like to is setup a better integrated website, as often seen with VBulletin, where all the pages (including the forum) are seemless and flow from one to the other. I came across MyBB, and it appears that the MyBB website is all one software package, based around the MyBB forum software.

How does one setup MyBB like this? Is it addon packages, external integration (like WordPress, ZenCart, etc), or something else entirely? I've spent a few hours looking through the forums here, and have begun installing MyBB on my server under a test forum so that I can start figuring it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Well Mybb.com uses a custom coded CMS designed to look like the rest of the site. I'm going to assume that since you're using iWebs that you don't know much CSS/HTML so your best solution is to use this plugin: http://community.mybb.com/thread-63082.html
I added the page manager to my MyBB setup. I copied in the test page, but it didn't seem to do much more than create a blank page with an extra-long URL needed to get to it. A head injury in high school made it a bit difficult for me to pick up on stuff so forgive me if I'm overlooking something obvious.

I'm still looking for a way I can build up blog and gallery style pages around the forum page. The current website is at www.TheOtherStyle.info so you can look at how it is currently setup, and maybe suggest something that I can use to build something similar with MyBB.

I've found some great plugins for MyBB forums so far, I'm looking forward to doing more!
You can look at the plugins and the third party integrations we have and see if this meets your needs. If you want integration with some particular software then you can always request it and someone could make it for you.

We can only give you general information without knowing your exact setup or how you want to integrate the different parts of your site and what other softwares your other parts of the site have. Its difficult to get this information by looking at your current site since it seems to be a simple static site with the forum put in an iframe.
Two plugins can be extremely useful;

xthreads and MyCMS. I don't if I'm allowed to post their links though.