MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Theme Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I have finally started making MyBB themes as i hate paying $40 for something i could of made but just to lazy. I have the PSD ready which i made i just need to turn it into a template.

I read here about theming but is there anywhere else i should look or does anyone have any tips? I have no idea where to start though i do have experience in HTML, CSS.

Thanks for the replys in advance much appreciated. It's nearly 3am so i am going to bed will check in the morning. Thanks
I would suggest to download a a Free theme and look how they used to add/edit CSS styles.
It's hard and boring :|. Might give it a miss unless there is a decent walkthrough of all the tags
I've just about finished my first theme which I must have spent just over 4 hours on. I found that taking any plain theme that had a similar layout to what I wanted helped. I then worked down from the top editing the templates and css as I went. I actually found it quite fun but that's me. As I said, it helps to start with a theme with a similar layout to the one you're aiming for.
No Apples without hardships.

1. I guess there is no thing for mybb which you can turn some PSD/image to template,you got to work on styles.

2. As said by others,just see different styles/theme which attracts you and try to learn it.

I designed first theme for my GFx site some days ago:

www.gfxbay.net

If you work hard with perspiration,success is yours. Smile