MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Preload YouTube Video?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might not be possible since YouTube would waste bandwidth.
When viewing an embedded YouTube Video over a (slow or) medium speed connection the video will pause several times waiting for more of the download to finish.

Does anyone know code (for YouTube, Vimeo, or from anywhere else) to preload the video so playback is smooth for all users?
Thanks
If you're lazy like I am you could always click the play button, then as soon as it starts playing pause it and do other stuff while it keeps loading. Then you can come back to a fully loaded video and only be 0.01 seconds into it.
(2011-03-28, 05:17 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're lazy like I am you could always click the play button, then as soon as it starts playing pause it and do other stuff while it keeps loading. Then you can come back to a fully loaded video and only be 0.01 seconds into it.

This is exactly what I do. Much easier imo.
While there are ways to do what you are saying, it is much easier to do what the others are suggesting.
(2011-03-28, 05:50 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]This might help you: http://www.w3schools.com/html5/att_video_preload.asp

Looks interesting Yaldaram, but not clear if it is supposed to work with YouTube code. (ie. the examples are all similar to ' <source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4" /> ')

(2011-03-28, 08:15 PM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]While there are ways to do what you are saying, it is much easier to do what the others are suggesting.

Difficult is OK. Smile
What ways...?
(2011-03-29, 03:06 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]What ways...?

Pause the movie the moment it starts playing, leave the tab/window open in the background, and come back to it once a usable amount has loaded.