MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LESS CSS parser plugin - who would want it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm a big fan of using LESS when writing my CSS and I thought it would be pretty cool if you could use it when using the MyBB styles system.

I'm therefore thinking of looking at ways to bring LESS parsing to MyBB, but just want to see how many people would want this kind of thing. If enough people think it sounds good, I'll look into doing it.
Looks good, but as its new therefore not have much practical tips.
It's not all that new, it's just the PHP parser that is quite new. I've used it in a ruby shell on my desktop for well over a year now (in standalone projects).
(2011-03-28, 07:34 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It's not all that new, it's just the PHP parser that is quite new. I've used it in a ruby shell on my desktop for well over a year now (in standalone projects).

I didn't know they had a php parser, Well thats changed my mind about the plugin. I say go for it. Big Grin
Yes, it would be quite useful.
Looks pretty sweet. I say go for it.
I'm not sure I know exactly where you're going with this.. Toungue

Unless you mean to compress it or just change the way URLs are handled?
I mean to somehow parse LESS CSS into normal CSS before it's tossed into the cache file, meaning CSS takes less time to write and so we can use CSS variables when creating themes.

If you haven't tried LESS before, I guess you wouldn't know how useful it is though Wink I've been using it all the time recently working on a project for college.
Never heard of it before now, looks interesting though.
Oh, I thought you meant LESS as in less code. I thought CSS is going to support some of these things anyways (in the future)? Nonetheless it's a cool idea, I'd play with it.
Pages: 1 2