MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LAN Party Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there I was wondering how hard/expensive it would be to develop a plugin to organize and manage a large-scale LAN party. The plugin would need to handle tournament brackets, seating arrangements, game server info, prizes and leaderboards

I am planning on hosting a LAN party for up to 100 people in Fall of '011 and a plugin for my forum would be very useful. I am already using an old PHP website called the Autonomous LAN Party that has been abandoned by its developers so I am stuck trying to learn the system myself.

Any info on where I can find an existing system or get one made will be very helpful =]

Thanks
Its been done, just use the clan match site.
Is that the one labrocca made? I think it's called match rank
You shouldn't do this with a MyBB Plugin.

(2011-03-28, 03:12 PM)BuckyWootmaster Wrote: [ -> ]..The plugin would need to handle tournament brackets, seating arrangements, game server info, prizes and leaderboards...

Your project is fairly large; Using MyBB gives you the advantage of starting with a membership site.
You have a lot of coding to do, whether you start with MyBB or not.
Have fun. Smile

http://kmleague.net/index.php?op=features

Try that. You're better of with that then using a plugin to interface with it and MyBB.
I remember seeing KMLeague years ago, thanks for the reminder labrocca.