MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyVids - a Video/Media gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I've been working on this for a while. I can't currently decide whether this will be a MyBBSource exclusive or not, but the beta will be open to all until I go gold. Hence why I've made this thread.

It could be a while before a final release is available, but I hope to share an early release within a month. MyVids already has the following features:
  • Video file uplaods
  • Video embeds from Vimeo, Youtube, Dailymotion (and more)
  • AJAX commenting on videos (comment while the video plays)
  • AJAX comment paging (again, so video playback isn't interrupted)
  • SEO URLs for videos (enable via the CP)
  • MyCode support in video descriptions/comments
  • Category support
  • Rudimentary image support (easily adapt the video system to create an image system)
  • Multiple plugin hooks in key places to allow the development of further extensions (eg: NewPoints plugin?)

I plan to add more video services as well and to finish off the admin CP (which is still quite basic, but functional). Anyway, I'll attach some screenshots below.

If you'd be interested in trialling the plugin when I'm ready to put it to the test, please say so below and I'll mass PM those who sign up when the time comes.

Testers
  • Faviouz
  • Aristotle
This just killed one need for Xthreads. Curiously, how long will this be? I might use it for my site and delay its release.
That's pretty cool. Can't wait to try it.
(2011-03-28, 07:12 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]This just killed one need for Xthreads. Curiously, how long will this be? I might use it for my site and delay its release.

XThreads does make a good video gallery, but I'd seen a few requests for one with more features Smile I'm not sure how long it'll be yet. It all works now (about from the deleting of comments via the front-end and the editing of videos from the front-end). I hope to have an early release by the end of the month.

(2011-03-28, 07:14 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty cool. Can't wait to try it.

Thanks Smile It'll need a lot of testing though.
Put me on the beta testers list, I can help you test. Smile
Ok, cheers. I'll add you just now.
Add me up too.
Ok, added you.
Eunator you are making mybb more featured,wow a video gallery,really kool and awesome.
would like to see it soon buddy,take your time and we will wait.
Closed on request.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5