MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hello.. SMF 1.1.13 to myBB conversion issues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm running across a lot of timeout errors (and refreshing seems to force the script to continue, but I have to manually refresh it) - so I don't know what to do...

This was found in the Post conversion module, and at that time, we have over 165k posts that the owner wanted retained. I tried increasing it by 50,000, but it seemed to be too much thread for that.

Also, if I wanted to change the number of thread (which is at 100 but moving very slowly). My browsers time out on them, except IE, which seems to be moving OK...

Just wondering if that's a known bug - couldn't find anything on myBB and sorry if I rehashed a problem that was solved, but I can't find it.

Thanks!
Who's your host??
You may have to lower it to something very small. 100 should work.
In reality 1000 should work. Any host that has memory limits so low that 1000 doesn't work is a crappy host. Also if your execution time limit is too low.

But that aside there is nothing we can do about this. If your host doesn't allow higher limits you'll just have to slog through as best you can.
Ok. finally, after 2 days of slogging and manually refreshing after each timeouts, it is now complete.

However two problems have come up:

Admin CP is blank - can't see worth squat.

[Image: 2e4zv9h.png]

And... the posts that was converted aren't there.

[Image: 2e2fp6w.png]

I welcome any ideas.
Make sure you have the admin language pack uploaded and CHMOD properly.

For your second issue, have you rebuilt the statistics and post counts??
(2011-03-31, 12:25 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have the admin language pack uploaded and CHMOD properly.

Correct, this isn't an issue from merging it is from not having all the proper CHMOD.

(2011-03-31, 12:25 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]For your second issue, have you rebuilt the statistics and post counts??

He can't have run the tools since he can't use his ACP. So, once the ACP issue is fixed please run the Recount & Rebuild tools under the Maint. section of the ACP. This will make the merged threads and posts show and correct all statistics.
Gotcha! We're having fun with it now.. Consider it solved - but a new problem has arisen from our own owner playing with it... and a new thread has been made...