MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what is the css mybb using for their homepage announcements?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't understand how to use CSS...I'm using Board Messages by Alex Crisp and I can type in an announcement but how do I make all the cool changes like mybb has at the community home page where you have the coloured boxes and links in the text and all?
I don't understand, what am I doing wrong? I can't seem to get this plugin to work properly..

[Image: poop.jpg]

My stylesheet is located here:

/inc/plugins/StyleSheets/newsbar_style1.css

You've to replace your "Message" in the field option above with the following;
<style type="text/css">
.newsbar {
	background: #D6ECA6;
	border-top: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	border-bottom: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	text-align: center;
	margin: 10px auto;
	padding: 5px 20px;
	font-weight: bold;
}
</style>
<div class="newsbar">YOUR_ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GOES_HERE</div>
Its a template edit man,see this tutorial wiki.

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Latest_News_Bar
No but you guys are misunderstanding me, this plugin handles all the announcements and such. I just need to link my css stylesheet somehow and it will apply it to the text I type in to the body.
this plugin already made a stylesheet in my template section, but whenever i cut and paste

<style type="text/css">
.newsbar {
}
</style>

there and try to use it, it wont work lol
If you are adding this stylesheet in "template" then you don't need to locate the file.
ok im using http://mods.mybb.com/view/board-messages can you please take a look on how/where I have to put:

<style type="text/css">
.newsbar {
}
</style>

Because I don't want to put it in the body of the message, there is a better way where you can put it in the stylesheet the plugin makes for you in the ACP > Templates > Themes > BoardMessages.css
Looking at the screenshot the way I understand this plugin to work is that in the class field you don't put your css file, you have to put the class that you want to assign to it. Also the message would be just the plain message without the class in it.

For example, in message enter your message, in class enter .newbar
Then make sure that in global.css you have .newsbar style.

Yeah it says:

Class
If you wish, you can enter a CSS class for this message so as it can be styled in the theme manager. Note: Leave blank to assign the default #board_message class.

So when I went to check out ACP > Templates > Themes > {My particular theme}

There was already a stylesheet called "BoardMessages" and it had only 1 class called board_message which is what I assume the author uses as the default class. I also added

.newsbar_1 {
background: #ADD8E6;
border-top: 2px solid #000000;
border-bottom: 2px solid #000000;
}

After it but it didn't work...I'm not sure if I have to put anything in the box or something...
Pages: 1 2