MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordpress template edit help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm using WordBB on my blog, and everything is set up fine and dandy except for one thing...

I have it so that you can comment on the wordpress post for one day, then after that if you want to continue the conversation you need to do it at the forums so WordPress will auto lock the comments after 24 hours and after it locks it, it gives this message
WordPress comments are closed. If you want to discuss this more or need help you can do so at <a href="<?php echo wordbb_thread_link(); ?>">this thread</a>

I have that code placed between
<?php else : // comments are closed ?>
		<!-- If comments are closed. -->

but my problem is that it only shows up if the comments are close AND there are no comments on the post. It won't show up if the comments are closed and there are comments on the post.

I can't figure out where I need to put it in order for it to show up no matter if there are comments or not.

Any help?
Have you looked through this topic thread....

http://community.mybb.com/thread-40386.html

If not, how about posting there asking the creator.
(2011-03-30, 03:50 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Have you looked through this topic thread....

08-19-2009 06:06 AM

Was the thread creators last visit.
(2011-03-29, 06:33 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm using WordBB on my blog, and everything is set up fine and dandy except for one thing...

I have it so that you can comment on the wordpress post for one day, then after that if you want to continue the conversation you need to do it at the forums so WordPress will auto lock the comments after 24 hours and after it locks it, it gives this message
WordPress comments are closed. If you want to discuss this more or need help you can do so at <a href="<?php echo wordbb_thread_link(); ?>">this thread</a>

I have that code placed between

but my problem is that it only shows up if the comments are close AND there are no comments on the post. It won't show up if the comments are closed and there are comments on the post.

I can't figure out where I need to put it in order for it to show up no matter if there are comments or not.

Any help?

You need to do a PHP if statement.

Your <!-- Is a Comment, not an if statement -->
Could you post the whole comments template please?
<?php
	if (!empty($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) && 'comments.php' == basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']))
		die ('Please do not load this page directly. Thanks!');

if ( post_password_required() ) { ?>
		<p class="nocomments">This post is password protected. Enter the password to view comments.</p>
	<?php
		return;
	}
?>

<!-- You can start editing here. -->
<div id="commentsbox">
<?php if ( have_comments() ) : ?>
	<h3 id="comments"><?php comments_number('No Responses', 'One Response', '% Responses' );?> so far.</h3>

<ol class="commentlist">
	<?php wp_list_comments(); ?>
	</ol>

<div class="comment-nav">
		<div class="alignleft"><?php previous_comments_link() ?></div>
		<div class="alignright"><?php next_comments_link() ?></div>

</div>
<?php else : // this is displayed if there are no comments so far ?>
<?php if ( comments_open() ) : ?>
		<!-- If comments are open, but there are no comments. -->

<?php endif; ?>
<?php endif; ?>

<div id="comment-form">
<div id="respond" >

<div class="cancel-comment-reply">
	<small><?php cancel_comment_reply_link(); ?></small>
</div>

<?php if ( get_option('comment_registration') && !is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>
<p>You must be <a href="<?php echo wp_login_url( get_permalink() ); ?>">logged in</a> to post a comment.</p>
<?php else : ?>

<form action="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-comments-post.php" method="post" id="commentform">

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>

<p>Logged in as <a href="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-admin/profile.php"><?php echo $user_identity; ?></a>. <a href="<?php echo wp_logout_url(get_permalink()); ?>" title="Log out of this account">Log out &raquo;</a></p>

<label for="author">Name <small><?php if ($req) echo "(required)"; ?></small></label>
<input type="text" name="author" id="author" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author); ?>" size="22" tabindex="1" <?php if ($req) echo "aria-required='true'"; ?> />

<label for="email">Mail <small><?php if ($req) echo "(required)"; ?></small></label>
<input type="text" name="email" id="email" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author_email); ?>" size="22" tabindex="2" <?php if ($req) echo "aria-required='true'"; ?> />

<label for="url">Website</label>
<input type="text" name="url" id="url" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author_url); ?>" size="22" tabindex="3" />

<?php endif; ?>

<textarea name="comment" id="comment" cols="100%" rows="10" tabindex="4"></textarea><br />

<input name="submit" type="submit" id="commentSubmit" tabindex="5" value="Submit" />
<?php comment_id_fields(); ?>
<?php do_action('comment_form', $post->ID); ?>

</form>

<?php endif; // If registration required and not logged in ?>
</div>
</div>

<?php endif; // if you delete this the sky will fall on your head ?>
</div>

Thats the whole comment.php file.

(2011-03-30, 03:50 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Have you looked through this topic thread....

That thread has been dead for a while... and even if it wasn't, there is no problem with WordBB, wordBB is working fine but it's implementing into the theme which is being my problem.

<?php
    if (!empty($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) && 'comments.php' == basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']))
        die ('Please do not load this page directly. Thanks!');

if ( post_password_required() ) { ?>
        <p class="nocomments">This post is password protected. Enter the password to view comments.</p>
    <?php
        return;
    }
?>

<!-- You can start editing here. -->
<div id="commentsbox">
<?php if ( have_comments() ) : ?>
    <h3 id="comments"><?php comments_number('No Responses', 'One Response', '% Responses' );?> so far.</h3>

<ol class="commentlist">
    <?php wp_list_comments(); ?>
    </ol>

<div class="comment-nav">
        <div class="alignleft"><?php previous_comments_link() ?></div>
        <div class="alignright"><?php next_comments_link() ?></div>

</div>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if (!comments_open() ) : ?>
<?php endif; ?>

<div id="comment-form">
<div id="respond" >

<div class="cancel-comment-reply">
    <small><?php cancel_comment_reply_link(); ?></small>
</div>

<?php if ( get_option('comment_registration') && !is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>
<p>You must be <a href="<?php echo wp_login_url( get_permalink() ); ?>">logged in</a> to post a comment.</p>

<form action="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-comments-post.php" method="post" id="commentform">

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>

<p>Logged in as <a href="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-admin/profile.php"><?php echo $user_identity; ?></a>. <a href="<?php echo wp_logout_url(get_permalink()); ?>" title="Log out of this account">Log out &raquo;</a></p>

<label for="author">Name <small><?php if ($req) echo "(required)"; ?></small></label>
<input type="text" name="author" id="author" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author); ?>" size="22" tabindex="1" <?php if ($req) echo "aria-required='true'"; ?> />

<label for="email">Mail <small><?php if ($req) echo "(required)"; ?></small></label>
<input type="text" name="email" id="email" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author_email); ?>" size="22" tabindex="2" <?php if ($req) echo "aria-required='true'"; ?> />

<label for="url">Website</label>
<input type="text" name="url" id="url" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author_url); ?>" size="22" tabindex="3" />

<?php endif; ?>

<textarea name="comment" id="comment" cols="100%" rows="10" tabindex="4"></textarea><br />

<input name="submit" type="submit" id="commentSubmit" tabindex="5" value="Submit" />
<?php comment_id_fields(); ?>
<?php do_action('comment_form', $post->ID); ?>

</form>

<?php endif; // If registration required and not logged in ?>
</div>
</div>

<?php endif; // if you delete this the sky will fall on your head ?>
</div>

I moved/deleted a few lines starting from Nº27.
Cheers for posting it, but I'll see if Auilez has sorted it before I take a look Toungue
(2011-03-30, 04:29 PM)Aquilez Wrote: [ -> ]I moved/deleted a few lines starting from Nº27.

OMG It's perfect thank you so very much!!