MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: who hosts his website in his computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi

who hosts his website in his computer 24/7?

and what kind of servers software do you use?, which OS ?

thank you Big Grin
(2011-03-29, 09:57 PM)azeer Wrote: [ -> ]hi

who hosts his website in his computer 24/7?

and what kind of servers software do you use?, which OS ?

thank you Big Grin

Its a softlayer dedicated server.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

Is what MyBB runs.
I doubt many people do this for a live server, they wouldn't be able to run their computer as efficiently.

I use an old tower for a production server which hosts 8 websites.

Ram: 4GB
THANK YOU

ARISTOTLE is it your company?
thank you
how much he consume of electricity? is it fast?
(2011-03-29, 10:03 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt many people do this for a live server, they wouldn't be able to run their computer as efficiently.

i run a backup type server on my old laptop
OS is CentOS
6gb ram
2 1TB hard drives
(2011-03-29, 10:07 PM)azeer Wrote: [ -> ]thank you

I use solar power, so I don't track exactly how much it uses. It's not much to be honest. It's quite fast, but I'll be upgrading the RAM soon to optimize it further.

(2011-03-29, 10:07 PM)azeer Wrote: [ -> ]THANK YOU

ARISTOTLE is it your company?
thank you
(2011-03-29, 10:03 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt many people do this for a live server, they wouldn't be able to run their computer as efficiently.

Ahaha no, though softlayer is a great company.

If you run at home i do recomend either building a mini server, you can make one for about 300 dollars, and its well worth it.

solar power...very cool!! that my dream !! i'm wondering why servers are very expensive than laptops with the same performance??
You can build a mid range, low power consumption web server for around $500 but you have to have the internet bandwidth.
(2011-03-30, 01:17 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]You can build a mid range, low power consumption web server for around $500 but you have to have the internet bandwidth.

Actually, if its just web and db (apache & mysql), you can do it for around $300. Or if you have an old tower you no longer use that has at least a 1GHz CPU and can take at least 2GB RAM you can run up to about 4 websites with no issues at all.
Pages: 1 2 3