MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I Do This With MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for some direction in making a website like the following.

Front Page
- includes a couple youtube videos of my own

Page 2
- limited access to group A
- anyone in group A can post their own youtube videos and comment

Page 3
- limited access to group B
- anyone in group B can post their own youtube videos and comment

(etc. for subsequent pages)

If MyBB cannot be all or a part of a solution for this, what do you suggest?

Thank you.

yes it is possible. each forum can have its own set of permissions and users can be in multiple usergroups and you can have unlimited usergroups in the system.

it will take some time to configure everything, but its totally doable.
Right, I recall reading about user groups and permissions.

But I can't grasp how I would incorporate a front page with my own youtube videos. I guess I could have a separate web page and then link to MyBB?
Use the portal as the home page (there are many discussions on that here) and then edit the portal template to have your videos on it.

the other option is to post your videos for the front page to a separate forum (not a whole new board system, but a single forum) specifically for you to add to and then use that as the "announcements" forum in the portal settings

take a look at my site. the portal is the home page (but its called index.php in my setup), the forums in a separate folder (\board) and the "announcements" under the images are pulled for specific forums. you can do the same, with or without having forums in a different folder.
I like that 2nd option - like how you have it. Very impressed all of this can be done with MyBB. Thank you!