MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb vary with vBulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm a new memberBig Grin
I want to know what the difference mybb with vBulletin?Cool

"Thanks"
Blush
Two different products. To put it simply, VB has much more bloat and brands it "community features". So in their eyes, its two different products.
MyBB is good and free.

vB is **** and expensive.
Very good

So we must start
WinkWinkWink
Vbulletin is one of the worst, bloated, overpriced software on the market.

Mybb is one of the best, full of features you need, great support, FREE software around. Oh, and it's free. ^_^

Vbulletin communities will fail for whatever reason, mostly due to their terrible software. And, Mybb communities will thrive.

I have proof too. Wink
(2011-03-30, 06:04 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Vbulletin communities will fail for whatever reason, mostly due to their terrible software. And, Mybb communities will thrive.

While I love MyBB and would take it over vBulletin even if vB were free, this is such an absurd statement it's embarrassing.
MyBB > vB
(2011-03-30, 06:10 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-30, 06:04 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Vbulletin communities will fail for whatever reason, mostly due to their terrible software. And, Mybb communities will thrive.

While I love MyBB and would take it over vBulletin even if vB were free, this is such an absurd statement it's embarrassing.
/rage?

Big Grin

No but seriously, Vbulletin is bad front end & back end. I went a little overboard, however I would definitely choose a Mybb community over a Vbulletin one.
This is like when my old wii players would argue that wii is better than xbox/ps3 for madden. Although I agreed with them from my own experience the majority of the population would not.. I'm sure if he/she asked this question on a VB forum he/she would get the exact opposite answers. If you want a truly unbiased answer you need to go to an unbiased source.

(Not that I don't agree with you guys Wink)
(2011-03-30, 06:37 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-30, 06:10 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]

/rage?

Big Grin

No but seriously, Vbulletin is bad front end & back end. I went a little overboard, however I would definitely choose a Mybb community over a Vbulletin one.

I think forum software has little to do with a forum's popularity with users. It has more to do with enabling the administrator to create the kind of website he/she wants.
Pages: 1 2 3