MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hi can anyone help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Firstly it is not a huge problem, I will explain.

When I post and make threads it comes up with a screen saying you have done your post and you will be redirected. This is normal but sometimes it comes up with a white screen with this error message-

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'm thiefraccoon!)','(RE: Hi guys, I'm thiefraccoon!)','','1301578750')

The post or thread will still be made as normal but some members do not know this and they are re doing their post/thread. It is quite ennoying, does anyone know how to fix this?
Can we have your forum's URL and test account ?
Yes sure. Username- testaccount Password- testaccount
www.playstationworld.co

I will set up a thread in the technical help forum that will be testing incase you need to post. It is rare though. Before today it only happened 3-4 times and today it has happened twice.

If you need me to give you permissions to view the admin panel I will PM you a new password and change the test account to admin.
ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> File Verification >> Yes

Do any files show in red there?
The important part of the error message is missing. This looks like a plugin/modification that is not protected against SQL injection. Confused
(2011-03-31, 03:32 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> File Verification >> Yes

Do any files show in red there?

Yes I have a few and a load that are grey.

inc/functions_post.php
inc/class_templates.php
inc/functions.php
jscripts/thread.js

all the above are red.

Any more advice? It is happening a lot now as I have more activity.
Reupload the files that showed up in red.

If that makes no difference, in ./inc/init.php, find:
define("TIME_NOW", time()); 

Add after:
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1); 

If it's okay after doing this it's a plugin, if it still happens it's something else.
^^ thanks so much, sorry it took so long to reply, I subscribed to thread and got no email so never cheked back lol So where can I get the original mybb files from to reupload as i installed through my host.

Also with the codes you said to look up, am i just seeing if they are there?
You download them from this site.
Ok done the files again and it is still ahppening I guess its a plugin. Since I did the files I now have a number '0' in my banner. (www.playstationworld.co) if you want a look. How can I get rid of this.
Pages: 1 2