MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL undo delete?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
We had a problem with one of our sql databases where an entire column was deleted accidentally. I am hoping someone here would know if there is anyway to recover this deleted data? Is there an undo delete or "recycling bin" option so to speak? Or does mysql make automatic backups or anything like this?
I am using phpmyadmin.
Cheers!
Unless you have a recent(-ish) backup, there's nothing you can do to restore the data I'm afraid.
If you don't have a backup then contact to your host, they probably have a backup I believe.
When data is deleted from a MySQL Database, it's gone forever unless you have a very recent backup.
Okay thanks guys,
I contacted our provider in hopes they have a recent backup.
In future cases, is there anyway to schedule an automatic daily or even weekly backup with mysql? Or would all backups have to be done manually?
(2011-03-31, 03:57 PM)winds Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyway to schedule an automatic daily or even weekly backup with mysql? Or would all backups have to be done manually?

Just make a cron job.
(2011-03-31, 04:11 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-31, 03:57 PM)winds Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyway to schedule an automatic daily or even weekly backup with mysql? Or would all backups have to be done manually?

Just make a cron job.

I imagine the type of person who does this to their DB isn't likely to know what this is or how to do it. (No offense OP, I don't know it, either, haha)
Just google it, you'll have tons of tutorials for this.
If you're host has r1soft(seems to becomming more and more popular for shared hosts) you may be able to get it through there. IF I remember correctly it does backup the databases.