MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TheNerdCentral.com - Join Us!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TheNerdCentral is a site for gaming, graphic design, coding section, and support sections for those who want help with computer viruses, or website creation.

There is already a lot of members, and its suprisingly active already for a new site. If you have any complaints, suggestions, or ideas make sure to let me know.

Please check it out and sign up if you enjoy the site! Since its new, we are looking for moderators on the website. Just PM me on there and let me know which section you would like to moderate. There is currently 26 plugins installed to make the website 10x better.

www.TheNerdCentral.com

ENJOY AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! Make sure to register if you enjoy!

[Image: promo6.png]

And if any mods see anything against the rules here, please don't close my thread, just notify me and i guarantee it will be down within 3hrs. Unless that is im sleeping. I will be checking this thread constantly, as I hope this is the key to a successful forum.
Nice forum, Good luck with it Smile.
I may register later today.
(2011-03-31, 05:08 PM)Ashley S Wrote: [ -> ]Nice forum, Good luck with it Smile.
I may register later today.

Thanks man! That would be amazing if you registered! Smile
Oh my god too many forums. Like, your "main" category has enough forums for your entire board. You have entire forums dedicated to single games but you don't have enough members or posts to justify that.
(2011-03-31, 06:04 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my god too many forums. Like, your "main" category has enough forums for your entire board. You have entire forums dedicated to single games but you don't have enough members or posts to justify that.

This may be true for the gaming section... There is to many forums for that, I agree, but combining these into a "general gaming" forum would also be a bad idea, so I think. But due to this any forums that currently have NO posts in them are being taken down. Thanks for the suggestion.

UPDATE: Alright, removed a TON of gaming threads and completely removed the marketplace, as it was un-needed. Thanks for the idea.
I like your domain name... thenerdcentral ...sounds good Big Grin
I don't think your logo really fits the general theme...but I gues it's just a matter of taste.

Also you have a serious problem : http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/thenerdcentral.com

Good luck with your forum! Big Grin
(2011-03-31, 06:57 PM)Jack707 Wrote: [ -> ]I like your domain name... thenerdcentral ...sounds good Big Grin
I don't think your logo really fits the general theme...but I gues it's just a matter of taste.

Also you have a serious problem : http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/thenerdcentral.com

Good luck with your forum! Big Grin

Thanks man! It took awhile to think of the domain name! Smile I truly believe a good domain name makes a huge difference. And the Logo I THINK is great, as if you notice it has a pocket protector inbetween! Smile Like, nerds have. haha.

But that http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/thenerdcentral.com does not make sense to me... I mean ive never seen that site, and im sure its low because it has little to no traffic. I am not worried at ALL about what some 3rd party website suggests.
That theme is getting ridiculously popular and I don't see why. It's a slow theme and it's rather ugly. Also you still have too many sections even after taking in what "Uncontrol" said. You need to minimize it and think of it this way; "A large Cafe with lots of empty seats doesn't look as busy as a small cafe with many seats taken".

Use that quote to help you.

Just my opinion Toungue
(2011-03-31, 11:38 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]That theme is getting ridiculously popular and I don't see why. It's a slow theme and it's rather ugly. Also you still have too many sections even after taking in what "Uncontrol" said. You need to minimize it and think of it this way; "A large Cafe with lots of empty seats doesn't look as busy as a small cafe with many seats taken".

Use that quote to help you.

Just my opinion Toungue

Thanks for your suggestions. Posting on mybb has truly taught me you can NEVER EVER please everyone. No matter which theme i use, there is always people hating it, or loving it. Therefore, this theme stays. I love it, along with alot of others, excluding a few. And use chrome for the firefox 4 beta. You are correct though, it is a little slow with firefox 3 or internet explorer.
Quote:Therefore, this theme stays. I love it, along with alot of others, excluding a few. And use chrome for the firefox 4 beta. You are correct though, it is a little slow with firefox 3 or internet explorer.

[IMHO]The above statement sounds rather selfish and not "catering" to your members, which to me is what you should be doing, since they are the ones who should be wanting to view the forum.

Your first/top category is in the wrong location, it should be beneath everything else (the Nerdy Categories/Forums) since they are supposedly what your forum is all about.[IMHO]

Pages: 1 2