MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sportsoo.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a little sports discussion board i came up with. Its pretty bare at the moment, i plan on developing it further.

http://www.sportsoo.com/
Your tab categories are not working properly.
(2011-03-31, 07:34 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Your tab categories are not working properly.

How so? They seem to be working fine for me...
Oh! Yes, Now they are working.
Your final vision isn't bad, but you'll find no one will post on a forum with hundreds of empty forums. I advise you start with a single forum or two for each sport and slowly progress to tabs with individual forums for each team.

As far as the theme goes I would say you could do better. It's not horrible and it is unique which is a plus, but there's a lot of sports forums out there already and you really need to catch people's eyes to make them want to participate (especially since it's such a new site).
Quote:Just a little sports discussion board i came up with.

You make it sound like you created this almost as an afterthought!

Apart from the golf and tennis sports you're showing, all the ones you have are US based, so why not let that be known....For examples you show soccer with all the MLS league, yet there's a ton of other FAR more popular leagues out there in the world. The Auto Racing forum, looking at this you'd think there are only two Auto Sports out there!

IMHO you'd be better to start a forum with just one sport, especially if you're trying to cover a lot of that particular sport, as in different teams in a league etc. Then see how that grows, and maybe if folks start asking for other sports to be included, add them.

Basically, as it now stands, you are involving far too much for so little!.
This thing is a total work in progress and is NOWHERE close to being something i would 'approach' potential members with. This is my first 'hands on' with mybb, not even sure why i posted it on here. lol.

I owned a phpbb2 forum many years ago that was along these lines, i wound up selling it. Its not difficult to find people to populate these type of websites...with the right promotions (usually cash ones).

I like where mybb is at and im looking forward to continuing work with it.

Too many forums to start with, start small and expand as your forum expands. Best to get content before showcasing also.
I LOVE IT! Not too many forums cause they are all organised very nice!!

My only suggestion would to put the hockey tab first, haha Toungue

I only know about hockey mainly so I'll register later on today and make some posts.