MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Link to current logged in user's profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, how can I make a link in a thread that goes to the currently logged in user's profile? So I make a thread, and User A sees it, sees the link, clicks and is taken to his own profile, or User B sees it and is taken to his profile.

I want to make an April Fool's joke, you see. Big Grin About a member who has been misbehaving and is being monitored, but the joke is that anyone who sees it will be linked to their own profile.
Any way to actually make it look authentic? That was the idea, lol.
This member.

[url=http://community.mybb.com/member.php?action=profile]This member.[/url]

??
I assumed you'd know how to use MyCode to format a URL...
I'd have assumed that you'd assume I'm not as thick as pigshit, no offence. Even a monkey can see the address it links to at the bottom of most browsers. But, I suppose since it's just an April Fool's thing, it's not a big deal. I was asking for a way to have it presented like, you know, an actual profile URL is.

http://www.mydamnforum.com/forums/member...e&uid=9001
Update: Never mind, I've come up wtih a better April Fool's idea, but thanks anyway.
Rolleyes

If you actually look, the link I posted is not actually used anywhere on the forum, usually it has a UID in the URL, which will load a specific profile, whereas this URL doesn't, so it would always load the profile of whoever loads it, thus me giving it to you for the reason you specified, you specifically said it should go to the profile of whoever viewed it, and that is what this URL does, it would do what you wanted it to do. If you're going to be sarcastic like this when someone gives you an answer to your question, bearing in mind you never said you didn't know how to format a URL, and that the main part of your question was asking how to make it so the user would always see their own profile, which is the answer you got, you'll just find that people won't want to help you. It's rare a forum admin doesn't know how to use MyCode, but not many people know that viewing a profile with no UID specified will just load your own profile, thus me telling you that that URL would do exactly that.

But anyway, if this is how you choose to respond to people, then that's your choice.