MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Innovative way to make your website act like an app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I was looking at this website and saw that they had some awesome bits of code to help with people viewing their site on the iPod. So I decided to do some testing of my own.

Go to this site: http://joshee.tikolah.com/test

Looks okay right? Just some text. Well, go on your iPod Touch or iPhone.

Look different? Try switching the orientation. Neat huh? Well, now add it to your home screen. Like normal, it grabs the app icon I uploaded, but now, load up the bookmark on your home screen. You get a loading page, and when the site loads, it acts just like an app, not like you're viewing a site in Safari.

Check out the source code if you don't already know how to do it, but I just thought it was really cool, and decided to share it with y'all.

Rolleyes
That's pretty interesting. I don't have an iPod to test this on but I can imagine how it works and it's incredibly simple judging from the source code.
Yup. Just a few meta codes for the icons and app-effect and then simple CSS media queries for changing the styles for the different screen sizes and orientations. I'm definitely going to use it on my site Smile
That's neato.

(2011-03-31, 08:17 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty interesting. I don't have an iPod to test this on but I can imagine how it works and it's incredibly simple judging from the source code.

Ironically enough, I have access to 4 iDevices Toungue
I've seen this done before. It's realky quite simple suprisignly. I'm currently interested in jQuery mobile personally Wink
Short link: x.co/UHTz
Here are some screenshots for those without iPods.

[Image: 7VHhu.png]

[Image: OBNF6.png]

[Image: hCDK2.png]

[Image: kjtCs.png]

[Image: B9k6V.png]

[Image: 9lQE3.png]

[Image: UKt7D.png]
That is so totally awesome, man! Big Grin
Indeed, pretty cool.
It looks awesome from the screenies... but doesn't work on my iPad...
Pages: 1 2