MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why changing themes messing up my plugins/settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is it that when I change between themes some of my plugins reset and I have to change the settings all the time?
because when u activate the plugin on 1 theme not all theme gets the plugin applied on it.
Yeah but I don't understand how the settings of the plugins also resets back to original settings...If I change the theme the plugin simply shouldn't show up on the new theme right...
So what should I do? Deactivate the plugin, set my new theme as default, and re-activate plugin or something?
(2011-03-31, 11:31 PM)zero_coke Wrote: [ -> ]So what should I do? Deactivate the plugin, set my new theme as default, and re-activate plugin or something?

Yes. Other way is to copy plugin's variables and insert/paste them to corresponding templates of new theme, but that's hard to do. Easy way is to set your new theme as default, and install plugins again.
Ah damnit, if only the settings in the plugins dont reset it'd be a simple matter of de-activating the plugins, setting new them to default and re-activating them. But when you re-activate the plugin's settings reset for me (for some plugins that is)

But thanks, I don't think theres any way to avoid this, thanks again!
Thanks.